Reshmi Kebabs, also known as Rashmi Chicken, are a popular and mouthwatering Indian dish known for their delicate flavors and tender, succulent chicken. These kebabs are traditionally prepared by marinating boneless chicken pieces in a creamy mixture of yogurt, cream, and spices, resulting in a dish that’s rich, flavorful, and perfect for grilling or barbecuing.
Here’s a brief description of Reshmi Chicken:
1. Chicken: Reshmi Chicken is typically made with boneless chicken pieces, often chicken breast or thigh meat, which are cut into cubes or strips. The chicken is known for its tenderness, making it ideal for kebabs.
2. Marinade: The key to Reshmi Chicken’s flavor is the marinade. The chicken pieces are marinated in a mixture that includes:
Yogurt: Plain yogurt adds creaminess and helps tenderize the chicken.
Cream: Heavy cream or milk cream is used to enhance the richness of the dish.
Spices: A blend of spices, such as ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, garlic, and sometimes garam masala, is added to the marinade for a medley of flavors.
Herbs: Fresh herbs like cilantro (coriander leaves) and mint are often included to provide freshness and fragrance.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice adds a hint of acidity and brightness to the marinade.
3. Skewering: After marinating the chicken, the pieces are threaded onto skewers, either wooden or metal. The skewers are ideal for grilling or cooking over an open flame, allowing the chicken to cook evenly.
4. Cooking: Reshmi Chicken skewers are traditionally cooked over a grill or open flame, which imparts a smoky and charred flavor to the chicken. However, they can also be cooked in an oven or on a stovetop grill pan.
5. Serving: Once cooked, Reshmi Chicken skewers are often served hot, accompanied by naan bread, rice, or a variety of chutneys and sauces. They make a wonderful appetizer, side dish, or main course in a traditional Indian meal.
Reshmi Chicken, with its creamy marinade and tender chicken, is celebrated for its melt-in-your-mouth texture and flavorful profile. It’s a favorite choice at Indian restaurants and is often prepared during special occasions and festive gatherings. Whether enjoyed as part of a festive feast or a casual barbecue, Reshmi Chicken adds a touch of elegance and indulgence to the dining experience.